Shunter & Banksman Training
Our course is the only Shunter & Banksman course in the UK that has been accredited by the CPD Standards Office.
Moving vehicles around on site is a major cause of workplace accidents in the logistics industry. This practical course offers different options for both novice and experienced shunters and drivers, training them in safe driving practices to reduce the risk of accidents and of damage to vehicles and property.
The training, designed for artics, rigids and tugs, ensures both the employer and the driver conform to HSE legislation and demonstrates they have met their duty of care.
The course covers:
- The company’s safety procedure regarding vehicles on site
- The legal duties of the employee under the Health & Safety at Work Act
- The correct coupling and uncoupling of trailers
- Vehicle and trailer controls
- The different manoeuvring and reversing movements
- Hazards and dangers to be aware of when reversing vehicles on site
- Using the standard code of signals from the HSE Guide Notes HSG136
- The importance of implementing the handover procedure and ensuring its understood
On completion of the course, each delegate will undergo a full assessment of the skills learnt to ensure they are competent in moving large laden and un-laden vehicles safely on site.
For novice delegates, we offer a 2 day course, while more experienced delegates would benefit from the 1 day course. We limit the number of delegates to 2 per course, to ensure optimal attention of the trainer for each delegate.
This course is delivered at the employer’s site.
All delegates attending this course must be 18 years of age or above and must have held a valid car driving licence for a minimum of 1 year. All delegates must be able to produce a valid driving licence.
All delegates will be issued with a certificate of basic training and authorisation to operate. The certificate is valid for 2 years, although we recommend each delegate undertakes an annual refresher course.
As this course is CPD accredited, delegates can record their attendance towards their formal CPD requirements for their professional body, institute or employer.
How to Book:
Contact us today to book your course.